A.Vogel Agnus Castus 50ml
- A.VOGEL AGNUS CASTUS (Chaste Tree) Tincture has a long tradition of use
- The fruit of the plant (chaste tree is actually a plant) is used in phytotherapy and gives off a pleasant pepperment-like smell.
- Agnus Castus acts on the pituitary gland to increase the secretion of luteinising hormone, which leads to an increase in the production of progesterone during the second half of the menstrual cycle.
- It has also been reported to inhibit prolactin.
- Both these actions are thought to be important in PMS, particularly as many who suffer with the problem have a greater sensitivity to prolactin.
- For symptoms of PMS
- Menstrual cramps
- Breast tenderness
- Mood swings
Tincture of Agnus castus berries or fruit
Each dose provides 500mg of extract equivalent to 50mg Agnus castus dried berries
Tincture of Agnus castus (Chaste Tree) dried fruit, extracted in alcohol (69% v/v).
Women experiencing premenstrual symptoms: 15 to 20 drops in a little water twice daily.
Taking the maximum daily dose, you get 1,000 mg of Agnus castus extract, equivalent to 100mg dried berries.
The effects of this product may not be felt immediately. For best results you may need to take this product for up to 3 months.
Do not take more than 40 drops a day.
Not for use in children or those under 18 years of age.
Do not use if you have a pituitary gland disorder.
Do not use if pregnant, breast-feeding or on hormonal contraceptives including the pill, implant, injection or the Mirena coil.
See your doctor before taking any form of Agnus castus if you are suffering from an oestrogen-sensitive cancer, have suffered from a pituitary disorder or are taking dopamine agonists, or antagonists, oestrogens (such as hormonal contraceptives) or anti-oestrogens.
Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £25. For orders under £25 a charge of £3.50 is applied.
Europe & Ireland
Orders over £120 free. For orders under £120 a charge of £10 is applied.
Rest of the World
Orders over £150 free. For orders under £150 a charge of £15 is applied.
Please note that we are unable to send liquids greater than 100ml outside of the UK.
We also cannot guarantee delivery times for products shipped outside of the UK.
Post-Brexit we are unable to ship to the below EU countries: