A.Vogel Artichoke (Cynara Scolymus) 50ml
- Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) is probably best known for its edible ‘heart’ - the mass of immature florets in the centre of the bud that is called the choke or beard.
- Cynara can still be found in the wild in some parts of the world such as North Africa. From around the 9th Century cynara was cultivated in Naples and can now be found in many other parts of the world. In the 16th Century, the Dutch introduced cynara to the English who gave it the name artichoke. Nowadays the cultivation of cynara is concentrated mainly in countries round the Mediterranean.
- Globe Artichokes are commonly eaten as a vegetable.
- One of the plant chemicals found in cynara, known as cynarin, is thought to be responsible for its healthcare qualities. The majority of cynarin found in artichoke is in the pulp of the leaves, which is why Alfred Vogel used this part of the plant for his tincture of Cynara scolymus.
- This tincture is made from fresh Globe Artichoke leaves.
Adults: 20 drops 2 to 3 times daily in a little water.
Maintenance: 20 drops 1 to 2 times daily, in a little water.
Children: This product is not recommended for children. Do not exceed stated recommended daily dose.
Please seek medical advice if pregnant. Do not take if breastfeeding.
Medical advice should be sought with acute and severe liver complaints such as hepatitis and bilary tract occlusion.
Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £25. For orders under £25 a charge of £3.50 is applied.
Europe & Ireland
Orders over £120 free. For orders under £120 a charge of £10 is applied.
Rest of the World
Orders over £150 free. For orders under £150 a charge of £15 is applied.
Please note that we are unable to send liquids greater than 100ml outside of the UK.
We also cannot guarantee delivery times for products shipped outside of the UK.
Post-Brexit we are unable to ship to the below EU countries: