Lifeplan Milk Thistle Extract 100mg 90 tabs
- Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) was named Silybum by Dioscorides in 100 AD because of its large purple 'thistle like' flower heads.
- Milk Thistle is also known as holy thistle, lady's thistle and St Mary thistle.
- Milk Thistle has been used in various preparations for over 2000 years and its use as a liver protectant can be traced back to the Ancient Greeks and Romans.
- In the following centuries various groups used milk thistle for a range of problems including varicose veins, menstrual difficulty and congestion in the liver, spleen and kidneys.
The Benefits of Lifeplan Milk Thistle Tablets:
- Hepatoprotection - protects liver cells against many hepatotoxins. Cirrhosis - it is very effective in cases of alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver.
- Antioxidant - it has been shown that milk thistle scavenges free radicals and also protects against glutathione (an antioxidant) depletion in liver cells.
- Milk Thistle contains 3 potent liver protective bioflavonoids which are collectively known as Silymarin but individually called silybin, silychristin and silydianin.
- Silymarin is able to alter the cell membranes of liver cells thus inhibiting the passage of toxins.
- Silymarin can also help cellular regeneration by stimulating protein synthesis, can act as an antioxidant and can counteract the effects of a wide variety of poisons.
Each tablet typically provides:
Milk Thistle Herb Powder (Silybinum Marianum) 325mg
Milk Thistle Extract 100mg of which:
Milk Thistle Seed Powder (Silybinum Marianum) 25mg Bulking Agent (Microcrystalline Cellulose), Milk Thistle Herb Powder (Silybinum Marianum), Bulking Agent (Dicalcium Phosphate), Milk Thistle Extract 40:1 80% Silybins (80% Silymarin), Milk Thistle Seed Powder (Silybinum Marianum), Anti-caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Stearic Acid*, Magnesium Stearate*.
*From vegetable source
Contains No added sugar, salt, flavourings, colourings, preservatives or animal derivatives.
Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £20. For orders under £20 a charge of £3.29 is applied.
Europe & Ireland
Orders over £120 free. For orders under £120 a charge of £10 is applied.
Rest of the World
Orders over £150 free. For orders under £150 a charge of £15 is applied.
Please note that we are unable to send liquids greater than 100ml outside of the UK.
We also cannot guarantee delivery times for products shipped outside of the UK.