Natures Aid Calcium Magnesium and Zinc 90 tabs
Magnesium and calcium have a special relationship. Sometimes their roles oppose each other, sometimes they complement each other and it is their balance that influences many processes. The skeleton acts as a reservoir of calcium and inadequate calcium uptake results in a reduction of bone mass. Calcium uptake depends on the amount in the diet and on factors influencing its absorption. Because increased levels of calcium can cause the loss of magnesium it is beneficial to supplement both together.
The lions share of zinc in the human adult is found in skeletal muscle and bone. It is also required for many biological processes including growth and development, tissue renewal, healthy skin, sexual maturation and reproduction.
The Benefits of Natures Aid Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc:
- Osteoporosis - is a loss of bone mass resulting in an increased risk of fractures. Postmenopausal women have a higher risk of osteoporosis. Calcium and magnesium are vital for the formation of bone.
- Pre-menstrual Syndrome - clinical trials have shown that calcium and magnesium both relieve symptoms including fluid retention, breast tenderness, mood changes, headache and cramps.
- Arthritis - due to the support calcium and magnesium give to bone structure they are important in osteoarthritis where the joints are affected by wear and tear. Zinc can help alleviate pain and swelling in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Wound healing - zinc is required for protein synthesis and tissue growth and development. It is often used in creams to aid healing of nappy rash, burns and after surgery.
- Immune system - zinc works with the antioxidant vitamins to protect the body from free radicals.
- Heart health - calcium helps to keep the heartbeat regular and magnesium helps to promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Insomnia - calcium has been shown to help promote normal sleep.
- Nervous system - both calcium and magnesium are important in the normal functioning of nerves and nerve impulses.
- Acne - zinc has been shown to be effective but, like many acne therapies, may take three months before improvements are noticed.
- Prostate enlargement - zinc can reduce enlargement and alleviate adverse symptoms.
Calcium - is vital for healthy bones and teeth, blood clotting and glandular secretion and for efficient functioning of the muscles, nerves, heart and immune system.
Magnesium - is needed in over 300 metabolic reactions, including those involved in the management of energy, the formation of bones, proteins and cell replication. It is needed for enzyme function and the tissues with the highest levels are those with the highest metabolic activity (brain, liver, kidneys and heart). Magnesium blocks the entry of calcium into smooth muscle cells (as found in blood vessels, gut and uterus) and heart muscle cells regulating their contraction.
Zinc- is needed in cell division for the synthesis of DNA (the cells blueprint), RNA (the template for protein production) and hence proteins. It is essential for reproductive health and is important for the removal of toxic elements such as lead. Zinc helps maintain taste, smell and vision and is involved in the release of insulin. It is involved in absorption and metabolism of vitamin A and is found in the oil glands in the skin where about one fifth of the body's zinc can be found. Zinc competes with copper for absorption, so to avoid copper deficiency, zinc should be given with copper.
Each Natures Aid Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc tablet will provide:
400mg of calcium, 200mg of magnesium, 7.5mg of zinc and 0.5mg copper.
Calcium Carbonate Prep (Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Gluconate, Anticaking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Anticaking Agent (Vegetable Source Magnesium Stearate), Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Copper Gluconate.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Delivery and postage:
UK: Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £20, under £3.29
EUROPE & Ireland: Orders over £120 free, under £10
REST OF WORLD: Orders over £150 free, under £15