Natures Aid Chromium Picolinate 200mcg elemental 90 tabs
Chromium is a relatively new mineral in terms of our understanding of the role it plays in nutrition. It was not until 1957 that Mertz and Schwartz isolated a compound that they called the 'glucose tolerance factor' (GTF). This was shown to restore the ability of rats with impaired sugar metabolism to utilise glucose. In 1959, chromium was identified as the active component of GTF. Because of its role in regulating blood sugar, chromium supplementation is useful in a number of conditions.
The Benefits of Natures Aid Chromium:
- Blood sugar balance - chromium helps maintain normal blood sugar levels, a function which not only helps diabetics but also those with pre-diabetic glucose intolerance in hypoglycaemia (too low blood glucose).
- Cholesterol - chromium appears to play a role in reducing the bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides whilst raising the level of good HDL cholesterol.
- Weight loss - studies have demonstrated weight loss with increased chromium intake. Chromium increases sensitivity to insulin, improving blood sugar control and encouraging the body to use calories to generate heat. Preliminary studies have shown that taking chromium picolinate can result in increased fat and weight loss and a gain in lean muscle.
- Athletes - chromium compounds are required both to build muscle cells and for the muscle cells to absorb glucose during exercise. Because of the extra demands of glucose absorption during exercise more of the appropriate chromium compound becomes damaged. This is broken down and excreted by the body. The result is a greater loss of chromium at a time when the body requires more that normal.
- Acne - although people suffering from acne have normal oral glucose tolerance, skin tests have revealed that glucose tolerance in the skin is impaired. Rapid improvement in the condition has been noticed in people taking chromium supplements.
Glucose Tolerance Factor (GTF) - chromium is a vital component of the glucose tolerance factor (GTF). This supports the action of insulin as it causes the cells to take up glucose from the blood, reducing the blood glucose levels.
Each Natures Aid Chromium tablet contains:
200mcg of elemental chromium as chromium picolinate.
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Chromium Picolinate, Anticaking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Vegetable Source Magnesium Stearate).
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £20. For orders under £20 a charge of £3.29 is applied.
Europe & Ireland
Orders over £120 free. For orders under £120 a charge of £10 is applied.
Rest of the World
Orders over £150 free. For orders under £150 a charge of £15 is applied.
Please note that we are unable to send liquids greater than 100ml outside of the UK.
We also cannot guarantee delivery times for products shipped outside of the UK.
Post-Brexit we are unable to ship to the below EU countries: