Natures Aid Cod Liver Oil 1000mg 90 caps
Cod Liver Oil is now probably one of the biggest selling supplements in Europe. It first became established in the fishing communities of Scotland, Iceland, Norway and Greenland several centuries ago where they used it to protect themselves against the rigour of the intense cold that they were exposed to.
Our grandparents are fond of telling stories of taking their daily dose of Cod Liver Oil (CLO) to relieve such complaints as rheumatism, aching muscles and stiff joints.
During the 1890s it was commonly used to treat rickets which affected 9 out of 10 malnourished children.
In the 1950s more research was carried out into the essential fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaeonic Acid (DHA) contained in Cod Liver Oil and other oily fish. This research has led to the modern view of Cod Liver Oil as not only beneficial in such conditions as rheumatism but also as a benefit to the heart and circulatory system.
The Benefits of Cod Liver Oil:
- Blood flow - may be aided by EPA and DHA discouraging blood platelets from sticking together.
- Blood pressure - EPA and DHA may help reduce this.
- Coronary heart disease - risk may be reduced if regular intakes are given.
- Bones & teeth - require vitamin D to maintain their strength. Cod Liver Oil is a good source of vitamin D.
- Vision - vitamin A is essential for the formation of visual purple (for night vision).
- Healthy skin and mucous membranes - CLO is rich in vitamin A; the large amount present is beneficial for skin and mucous membranes.
Cod Liver Oil contains:
Vitamin A which is essential for the immune system, bone growth, night vision, cellular growth, testicular and ovarian function.
Vitamin D which is essential for the absorption and utilisation of calcium and potassium which are required for skeletal growth. EPA and DHA, omega 3 fatty acids which are converted in the body to produce prostaglandins which affect a wide variety of physiological processes due to their modulating effect on the action of hormones. It is thought that EPA and DHA may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. DHA seems essential for normal brain development in unborn babies.
Free Royal Mail Tracked 48 service on orders over £25. For orders under £25 a charge of £3.50 is applied.
Europe & Ireland
Orders over £120 free. For orders under £120 a charge of £10 is applied.
Rest of the World
Orders over £150 free. For orders under £150 a charge of £15 is applied.
Please note that we are unable to send liquids greater than 100ml outside of the UK.
We also cannot guarantee delivery times for products shipped outside of the UK.
Post-Brexit we are unable to ship to the below EU countries: